Specialised Subsea Engineering Solutions
Neptune provides a range of specialist subsea engineering services from its principal operational offices in Perth and Aberdeen. These specialist services range from concept and detailed design through to project engineering, installation and ongoing inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) activities.
Neptune’s team of in-house engineers also provide ocean engineering and subsea engineering as well as technical support to all of Neptune’s other businesses.
Specialist subsea engineering services include:
- Concept development and evaluation
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Detailed design and design for manufacture
- Finite Element (FE) based engineering analysis (linear and non-linear)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) engineering analysis
- Multi-physics analysis, including coupled-field analysis (CFD-FEA, fluid-structure interaction) and thermal analysis
- Hydrodynamic analysis (vessel response, dynamic riser analysis)
- Fatigue analysis and optimisation of subsea and topside equipment
- Project engineers and project managers provide direct client interfacing at all stages of the project
- Production process interfacing
- Management of third-party design verification processes (DNVGL, Lloyds Register, ABS)
- Technical assurance and independent verification
- Technical risk assurance processes
- Project engineering and management
- Equipment manufacture, assembly and test
- Offshore engineering support (including technical authority) and technician support
- End to end specialised subsea solutions
- Wellhead integrity systems for new and existing wells, engineered and built to provide maximum wellhead fatigue integrity
- Subsea Tree valve reinstatement solutions (diver and ROV deployed). Some of the technology is patent pending. The solutions maximise subsea operational production efficiency and keep costs of intervention and costs of production to a minimum.
- Subsea Well Capping and Containment Systems
- Specialised semi-submersible rig handling equipment
- Subsea riser integrity analysis and solutions
- Subsea ROV and diver tooling, including specialist tooling for decommissioning operations
- Rig surveys and deck handling equipment
- Subsea lifting and handling equipment (diver and ROV controlled)
- Subsea well intervention equipment
- Life of field extension equipment
- Reliability engineering and analysis with partner company, including industry best practice in accordance with API RP 17N and the newly revised API RP 17Q for through life reliability and integrity assurance through design, qualification, maintenance, test, deployment and operation.
- Polymer Polyurethane (PU) Strakes for VIV (Vortex Induced vibration) suppression.
Case Study 1: Subsea Tree Actuator Valve Reinstatement System (PCOL Tool)
Case Study 2: Quad 204 - Wellhead Strengthening Solution
Case Study 3: Valve Stem Override Adaptor (VSOA)
Case Study 4: Subsea Wellhead Life-Extension Solution
Case Study 5: Light-Weight Intervention Support Equipment
Case Study 6: Subsea Valve System (SVS) for Life-of-Field Extension
Case Study 7: Independent Review of IWOCS FMECA and Design Assurance
Case Study 8: Gas Riser Support System on a Producing Platform
Case Study 9: CFD Analysis for Heat Transfer of NEPSYS® Underwater Welding System
Case Study 10: Neptune Vortex Shedding Sleeves (NEP-VSS) - Polyurethane (PU) strakes for VIV Suppression
Case Study 11: HP/HT Subsea Cooling System
Case Study 12: Wellhead and Tubing Hanger Tolerance Analysis
Case Study 13: Engineering Analysis of Drilling and Production Equipment
Case Study 14: BOP Alignment System
Neptune Engineering completes all work in adherence with Neptune’s global HSEQ policies and procedures and is committed to maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality and environmental standards.
Engineering UK is also a registered FPAL supplier and ISO 9001 accredited.
DNV AS NZS ISO 9001 Certificate
DNV AS NZS 4801 Certificate
DNV OHSAS 18001 Certificate
DNV AS NZS ISO 14001 Certificate